The Daddy Takeover: Denim Blues
We’ve been wanting to focus more on Men’s fashion for a while. In case you didn’t know I (mommy) am the writer but this blog would be nothing without the man (daddy) behind the lens. My man lives in denim. Even when he switches it up with khaki or maybe grey or black, it’s still of the denim variety. We’ve been buying his jeans from a popular online company lately. They were better than he’d found in store (he’s not much taller than me and small boned for a man so can have a hard time finding jeans that fit well) but still not it.
Then, I started seeing ads for this jean company Warp + Weft that not only resides online (online shopping is necessary for big families- who wants to drag four kids out for jean shopping??? No, thanks) but also weaves their own material. One look at the model’s perfectly hugged behind and I was sold (moms, you know what I’m talking about when I say the way jeans make your bum look is what separates the perfect jeans from the saggy mom ones). I wrote a post on how much I loved my pair here and theres even more to come. I’m trying my second pair and it’s officially love. As soon as I felt them, I knew I had to return my husband’s latest order of jeans (he needed a new set but I’m glad we’d been dragging our feet because one try of Warp + Weft was all it took).
His normal uniform (to work at home) is jeans, a tee, and a button up. Even when he goes out, he’s in IT and dress up for IT people is tucking your shirt in when you go to a meeting. Seriously. So, he lives in denim. The things is, he likes his jeans to have stretch. I mean, who doesn’t. But, for some reason, men’s jeans tend to come in the non-stretch variety. That’s what makes Warp + Weft so unique. The woven denim moves with you (more on that later- I did yoga in mine just because I could!). They feel like yoga pants for men except so much more socially acceptable.
Since this is really the first post all about J, I’m going to let him take over- okay just kidding, he’s not a writing fan, but I am going to pull up one of those silly surveys and make him answer, so you can get to know him a little better and not just through his photos.
J’s FAVORITE THINGS:
- Place: Home
- Person: My wife (yep, he’s a suck up;)
- Color: Orange
- Food: Parmesan Chicken
- Smell: Anise
- Movie: Pulp Fiction
- Music artist: Lindsey Sterling
- Genre of music: Rock
- Genre of literature: Suspense
- Celebrity: George Carlin
- Website: www.mommyinflats.com (I put a lot of effort into that website)
- Drink: Coffee
- Animal: Stingray
- Video game: World of Warcraft
- TV show: Lie to Me
- Sound: My wife’s voice (I swear I’m not writing this for him)
- Vegetable: Green Beans (Mommy’s editorial- not that he eats them;)
- Article of clothing you own: my Warp + Weft jeans that I’m wearing right now
- Fashion/style: Leather, jeans, and a button up or thermal shirt- no idea what’s that called- Street casual??
- Historical figure: Jesus (see what I mean- just kidding, he couldn’t think of one so I suggested Jesus- he still tried to think of someone else…and couldn’t)
- Meal of the day: Dinner
- Soda: Cherry Coke
- Popcorn flavor: Butter
- Season: Fall
- Word: Cupcake
- Disney princess: Ariel
- Candy: Peanut Butter Cups
- Restaurant: Carrabbas
- Thing to learn about: Photography
- Thing about yourself: Sideburns
It occurs to me that I’ve never shared this much with you about me but maybe that’s a post for another day.
Warp + Weft gifted us these jeans for our review but all thoughts and opinions are our own. But, for real, I love them. I’ve been looking for the perfect jeans for over a year and I’ve finally found them.